Yes, it’s back!
The 3rd Annual Former Players Dinner will be dancing its way into town on the evening of Thursday 28th March 2019. We are again supporting our club financially by holding it at the Memorial Stadium.
This is our whopping great event where around 32 former players / first team staff , and some current employees / Directors, join us for food, fun and mingling.
This year’s Special Guest is none other than former Rovers, Liverpool and England striker Sir Rickie Lambert – back of the net!
Others confirmed so far include Peter Aitken, Byron Anthony, Bob Bloomer, Simon Bryant, Trevor Challis, Billy Clark, Ryan Clarke, Steve Elliott, Lewis Hogg, Dave Gilroy, Bobby Gould, Harold Jarman, Vaughan Jones, Gavin Kelly, Lee Mansell, Christian McClean, Phil Purnell, Howard Radford, Tom Ramasut, Paul Randall, Andy Reece, Justin Skinner, Gary Smart, Tom Stanton, Geoff Twentyman, Dave Wilcox, and the man we believe is the oldest living Rovers player, John ‘Josser’ Watling.
PLUS, from the club, Graham Coughlan, Steve Hamer and Chris Hargreaves.
The event is already sold out, but it could be worth showing an interest to Mo Bell, the BRFPA Secretary, just in case anyone drops out, or even to register an interest for 2020! email – firstname.lastname@example.org
The evening includes:
- Guests start arriving from 6.30pm, and are then seated at 7.30pm in the Poplar Insulation Hospitality Suite.
- A delicious three course meal and access to a late licensed bar
- The attendance of up to 32 former players / first team staff from across the eras.
- The presence of current and former Rovers staff, and BRFPA President & Rovers stalwart Billy Clark.
- An uproarious after dinner performance from comedian Austin Knight
- A raffle and auction of superb football memorabilia, mainly Rovers related.
Updates on the guest list will be given via social media and on this dedicated page.