To help kick start the fledgling BRFPA, in terms of funds, events and publicity, BRFC organised an ‘Inaugural Former Players Dinner’ for 27th April 2017 at The Memorial Stadium.
The event sold out immediately and saw a staggering 32 former players and staff mixing with Rovers supporters; Gas legends including Jamie Cureton, Steve Elliott, Harold Jarman, Vaughan Jones, Paul Randall, Geoff Twentyman and Steve Yates, plus a rather surprise appearance from none other than Gerry Francis!
The club itself gave amazing support to the event, including the attendance of BRFC President Wael Al Qadi, current manager Darrell Clarke, and current Chairman Steve Hamer.
Full list of ex-players / staff (in their table partnerships)
- Gerry Francis – Guest of Honour as ex-player and manager
- Vaughan Jones – Guest Speaker as Players’ Representative on the BRFPA Committee
- Terry Oldfield & Harold Jarman
- Joe Davis & Graham Day
- Peter Aitken & Tom Stanton
- Jim Eadie & Phil Kite
- Paul Randall & Martin Thomas
- Jamie Cureton & Barry Hayles
- Geoff Twentyman & Steve Elliott
- Danny Coles & Phil Purnell
- Jeff Meacham & Nick Tanner
- Gary Smart & Steve Yates
- Christian McClean & David Mehew
- Billy Clark & Andy Tillson
- Frankie Bennett & Bob Bloomer
- Josh Low & Steve White
- Simon Bryant & Lewis Hogg
See how many ex-players you can spot in the following photos
I can see Nick Tanner, Christian McClean, Phil Kite, Andy Tillson, Simon Bryant, Frankie Bennett, Billy Clark, Josh Low, Jamie Cureton, and a certain Mr Wael Al-Qadi as well… plus several ‘back of heads’